1.1 What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and process the following data about you:-
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of filling in forms on our site
- any other information that you choose to send to us
1.2 Uses made of Information
- To allow us to process any online requests for information. The relevant information is used by us, to find the right person to deal with your enquiry and to communicate with you on any matter relating to the enquiry.
- To provide you with information or services that you request from us where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- We may also use information and statistics for monitoring website usage purposes in order to help us develop the website and our services.
- We do not sell or otherwise make data commercially available to any third party.
1.3 Hardmans Client Registration Scheme
Hardmans Solicitors operate a Client Registration Scheme. As part of this scheme we collate sensitive information about you. There is no obligation to provide us with any data you do not wish us to have and we operate in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. The information gathered will be stored electronically stored within our office and will be backed up to a removable hard drive. All data is encrypted and password protected. The information is used by us to provide you with the relevant tailoured information and to assist us in advising you on various legal issues. You have the right at any time to ask us to remove any information we hold about you. This must be done by writing to, The Office Manager, 4-6 Park Street, Deal, Kent, CT14 6AQ or emailing email@example.com.
2. Cookies & Information gathering technology
Please visit our cookies policy for more information. Click here to view the policy.
3. Using your personal data
- administer the website
- send you information about our services requested by you via the website
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website
We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
In addition, we may disclose information about you:-
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- insofar as is necessary in order to carry out work under your instruction upon signing our client care letter and terms and conditions of business
5. Security of your information
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. We cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk.
Our computer systems and internal networks are restricted to authorised users by our security software and Firewall system and by the use of passwords both on our computer system and databases.
Data held on our server is backed up every day to ensure prevent loss of information and vital data. The backup hard drive is removed from the site daily to ensure there is always a secure second source for our information and data. This backup hard drive is protected by an encrypted password and the data is not generally available to any unauthorised users.
Hardmans is bound by professional rules of conduct to ensure that any correspondence passing between us is kept confidential.
6. Policy amendments
7. Your rights
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. To obtain such information a request must be made in writing to the Senior Partner of the firm.
8. External links and third party websites
This website contains links to other websites. Hardmans cannot accept responsibility for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites. Please check the policies carefully on third party websites before submitting any personal data.
9. Updating information
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated. You can also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the contact form on the main page of this website.