We are committed to providing a high quality legal service to all our clients. When something goes wrong we need you to tell us about it. This will help us improve our standards.
Our complaints procedure
If you have a complaint, please contact Eleanore Plews, our Client Care Partner. If Eleanore Plews is the Solicitor handling your matter then please contact Catherine Hobson.
What will happen next?
- Within three working days we will send you a letter acknowledging your complaint and asking you to confirm or explain any details. If it seems appropriate we will suggest a meeting at this stage. We will also let you know the name of the person who will be dealing with your complaint.
- We will then record your complain in our central register and open a file for your complaint. We will also investigate your complaint by examining the relevant file.
- If appropriate we will then invite you to meet Eleanore Plews/Catherine Hobson to discuss and hopefully resolve your complaint. We would hope to be in a position to meet with you in this way no longer than 14 days after first receiving your complaint. If you would prefer not to meet, or if we cannot arrange this within an agreeable timescale, we will write fully to you setting out our views on the situation and any redress that we would feel to be appropriate.
- Within three working days of any meeting we will write to you to confirm what took place and any suggestions that we have agreed with you. In appropriate cases we would offer an apology, a reduction of any bill or a repayment in relation to any payment received.
- At this stage, if you are still not satisfied, please let us know. We will then arrange to review our decision. We would generally aim to do this within 10 working days. This will happen in one of the following ways:-
- Eleanore Plews/Catherine Hobson will review her own decision
- We will arrange for someone in the firm who has not been involved in your complaint to review it
- The other Partner will review your complaint within 10 working days
- We will let you know the result of the review within five days of the end of the review. At this time we will write to you confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons.
- If the complaint is still not resolved at the end of the complaints process, you have the right to refer your company to the Legal Ombudsman at Legal Ombudsman, PO Box 6806 Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ or telephone 0300 555 0333 or by accessing www.legalombudsman.org.uk. You should do this within 6 months of your last contact with us.
Date last reviewed: 9th December 2016